1. Better branding through short names and URLs. Hotels can now claim a short name and URL for their business. This will allow you to easily refer guests to your profile. This will also make it easier to search for your property in Maps.
2. Welcome offers to reward loyal followers. Promote unique special offers directly through your Google My Business profile.
3. Cover photos, more prominent logos, and photo displays to showcase the best of what your property has to offer. In addition to including a profile cover photo, hotels that have completed their core information (phone number, hours, etc.) will now be able to have their logo displayed at the top right-hand side of their profile. We will also be seeing photos uploaded by hotels displayed more prominently on their profiles through a new dynamic module, with photo captions to give life to your imagery.
4. Take your Google My Business offline with custom posters, social posts, and more from reviews and highlights on your profile. All for free with Google’s new Marketing Kit.
5. The most significant update announced is that Google will be highlighting the top five percent of businesses in a particular category with the “Local Favorite” designation. To help people easily find and engage with these businesses, Google is also creating digital and physical badges of honour. We can expect more details on these recognition categories later this summer.
Hoteliers can now implement these features by updating their settings, by visiting Google My Business or learn more by connecting with their digital marketing specialist @Bookassist.
Google My Business is just one essential aspect of optimising your Search Engine Results Page! Why not have a read through our previous article on Owning Your Hotel’s Online Real Estate?