Careers | Junior Quality Assurance Specialist
Spain - Full time, permanent
Bookassist is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Junior Quality Assurance Specialist. The successful candidate will be based in Madrid and will report to the Head of Development.
- Assists in the testing of technical solutions.
- Understands standard systems development lifecycle processes and applies our methodology effectively working with cross-functional teams to ensure quality.
- Support the team on the GIT lifecycle following the procedures and methodology defined.
- Support the team on the upgrades installation in the different environments such integration, pre production and live.
- Maintain database of software defects and upgraded regularly from the live database.
- Assist on the test plan definition and execution, write good acceptance tests. Write documentation.
- Collaborate with other QA members and developers to develop effective strategies and test plans.
- Evaluate product code according specifications.
- Report bugs and errors to development teams.
- Assist on the automation of the unit testing, on the regression and performance test execution.
- Understand project and testing plans and is able to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
- Adhere to testing standards defined by technical QA manager of the team.
- Accurately employ our Testing procedures and tools.
- Establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Monitoring equipment.
- Maintain all the integration servers updated as image of the live environment.
- Accurately completes and submits time and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Accurately completes and submits status reports in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in GIT administration (AWS Code Commit).
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- MySQL installation and configuration.
- Junit framework.
- JMeter framework or similar tools designing test cases for new features.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages(Java, Perl).
- Basic knowledge of web application servers: Resin, Tomcat.
- Knowledge of continuous integration methodologies.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Enthusiastic and structured approach to development.
- Comfortable to work in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn new skills and knowledge.
- Open to learning from supervisors/managers.
Additional useful skills
- The knowledge of one or more of the following system would be an advantadge: Amazon WS, environmentPCI Standards, SSH installation and configuration, Jenkins, Unit testing on java and JS developments, Sonarqube, Ant, Maven and Gradle, Shell script development, SCRUM methodology, Linux OS, SSL / TLS Protocol and configuration, TCP/UDP and IP Protocol and configuration, Apache installation and configuration, Perl scripts, Java installation and configuration.
- Exhibits proficiency in English.
Experience / Qualifications
- Experience is not essential. Ideally at least one year of real working on test automation.
- Ideally at least of 3 years University technical degree.
Bookassist is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and job responsibilities. We offer excellent benefits.
Only candidates who are eligible to live and work in the Spain need apply.Apply for the role