Careers | Business Development Manager - Ireland
Ireland - Head office - Full time, permanent
Bookassist®, the Direct Booking Expert™, partners with hotels to build their brand online, drive direct business to their branded website and capture bookings with world class booking technology helping them optimise their online distribution and grow their margin per booking. Headquartered in Dublin we have additional overseas offices in Madrid, Rome, Vienna and Prague. We work with over 1,200 hotels across Europe and are in a strong phase of growth.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Business Development Manager for Ireland and the UK. The successful candidate will be based in the Dublin office and will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
We offer an international working environment in an innovative, industry-leading company.
- Develop and implement effective strategies in order to achieve monthly and annual sales targets. Goals are set for each of our markets and the successful candidate will be responsible for the achievement of the relevant targets within their market.
- Identify and establish contact with potential customers with a view to developing a strong sales funnel.
- Produce Sales and Lead Generation Reports on time and in the required manner with suitable commentary in relation to the proposed development of the market.
- Respond to all sales inquiries from new customers in a timely manner.
- Attend relevant trade fairs and exhibitions. Assess opportunities for effective marketing investment in this area.
- Maintain all activity and data reporting on the Bookassist CRM. As a member of an effective team your market colleagues should be able to review the client/prospect information as if it was their own file.
- Complete contracts and associated paperwork as it relates to new sales in accordance with company policies.
- Create and update client presentations relevant to the market. Consult with colleagues in other markets to ensure that the most up to date literature and presentations are in use.
- Provide feedback on potential customers to enhance product development and service delivery.
- Monitor and report on potential collaborators and competitor activities and identify business threats and opportunities.
- Drive overall operational efficiency across sales. We encourage initiative and the ongoing evolution of our processes. Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in acquiring new business. (Sales Managers with hotels could be an example).
- Knowledge of internet distribution.
- Understanding of the sales cycle and its impact on business.
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding sales revenue goals.
- Expertise in e-commerce and revenue management would be a help.
- Contacts in the hospitality/hotel industry would be an advantage.
- Energetic, hungry salesperson looking for a challenge, bringing new ideas (willing to find waves of new customers as opposed to maintaining or renewing existing ones).
- Enthusiastic, focused on hitting agreed targets and always produces, no matter what!
- Self-motivated, committed to working on on-going calls, demos, follows ups and deals.
- Fast learning and able to assimilate new skills independently.
- Good understanding of the ecosystem where Bookassist operate, pinpointing solutions for the company.
- Flexibility to upskill as the product and marketplace are changing while executing at high tempo.
- Fluency in English essential. Competencies:
- Business Acumen.
- Integrity & Trust.
- Presentation Skills.
- Written Communication.
Applications including CV should be submitted no later than close of business on Friday, 24th May 2019.
Bookassist is an equal opportunity employer.Apply for the role