Bookassist and protel announce technology integration, further streamlines online business for hotel
In a major upgrade to its XML Connector technology, Dublin-based hotel technology and online strategy firm Bookassist (bookassist.org) has announced the successful integration of its award-winning online booking engine with the protel (protel-hotel-software.com) hotel property management system (PMS).
The solution allows hotels using protel PMS products in-house and Bookassist’s booking engine on their websites to seamlessly connect the two technologies. Incoming reservations from the website booking engine are automatically passed to the PMS, eliminating the need for any management or intervention by hotel staff.
Time and cost savings are the obvious advantage for hotels, together with improved accuracy of data in the PMS and a more up-to-the-minute representation of availability.
The OTA/XML-based integration of the two systems has already been deployed across all hotels in the ARCOTEL Hotel group (arcotelhotels.com) in Austria, Germany and Croatia. According to Manfred Mayer, CEO of ARCOTEL Hotels, “At ARCOTEL, we needed a fully integrated solution from online booking engine to front desk, and Bookassist’s successful integration with protel has given us exactly what we need. We are very happy with the results and it has streamlined our reservations operation considerably.”
Speaking about the collaboration, Dr Robert Whittle CTO & Founder at Bookassist commented: “Using our OTA/XML interface layer, connections with compliant systems such as protel’s PMS is now a straightforward task. protel’s interface team in Dortmund and Bookassist’s core development team in Madrid worked very closely to bring this integrated solution to the market place in a very short space of time, and we see great opportunities for further collaboration for our joint clients in the future.”
Manfred Osthues, co-founder and managing director of protel, shares this point of view: “At protel, we never lose sight of the most important purpose of our software: to optimise our customers’ workflows and thus improve their operational effectiveness. We are pleased that with Bookassist we have found yet another partner who shares our goal and are looking forward to further successful cooperations.”
protel is now the leading PMS vendor seamlessly connected with Bookassist’s hotel booking engine via the XML Connector technology. Further announcements will be made in the coming weeks regarding market-leading vendors connecting to XML Connector.
Bookassist® creates and manages successful and proven online strategies for over 2000 hotels and groups worldwide and is the industry-leading hotel booking engine and online marketing provider in Ireland. A Deloitte Fast 50 Technology Company in Ireland and in the Top 100 Deloitte Technology Companies in Europe, Bookassist has received numerous awards in Online Trade, Online Marketing, and Technological Innovation including the Irish Internet Association’s NetVisionary Award for online trade.
protel develops and sells technology and service solutions specifically and exclusively for the hotel industry and related companies. The consistent focus on the needs of this industry makes protel one of the most experienced and successful providers of professional hotel management systems. From the small individual hotel to multi-national hotel groups - the product lines of protel hotelsoftware GmbH provide all segments with standard software solutions that can be individually customized to meet any need. The company’s headquarters is located in Dortmund, Germany. Cooperating with a dense network of international business partners and operating a branch in Dubai, protel is represented worldwide.
See also “Neue protel ISD connect Schnittstelle mit Bookassist (Deutsch)” and “protel und Bookassist streamline online business for hotels (English)”
Labels: corporate news
Related news articles
- Our new web site!
- Bookassist Wins EyeforTravel Mobile Innovation Award
- Bookassist and ARCOTEL Hotels both nominated for prestigious EyeforTravel Mobile Innovation Awards
- Bewley’s Hotels Corporate Rewards Programme provides the perfect model to launch Bookassist’s New Co
- Bookassist and Hotelpoints ink expanded 3 year deal bringing an estimated 30M Euro in business to ho
- Bookassist launches Sitebuilder - web sites done right
- Bookassist press conference in Madrid highlights Iberia as a major growth target for the company
- The 5-Star Gran Hotel Son Net Goes Live with Bookassist
- Prague Bookassist Summit with Google Urges Hotels To Act
- Italy’s largest hotel group UNA Hotels and AtaHotels choose Bookassist
- Welcome to our 100th and 101st Five-Star Hotel Clients!
- Bookassist-Google Summit Shares Vision of Excellence
- Bookassist Presents at Hospitality and Tourism Forums in France
- Bookassist Launches Price Calendar For Booking Engine At ITB Berlin
- Direct Booking Health Score brings industry benchmarking to your hotel’s direct business
- Bookassist at ITB Berlin 2017 showcasing Direct Booking Clinic and Product Launch
- Bookassist Paris Seminar Highlights Acquisition Opportunities