Bookassist and Hotelpoints ink expanded 3 year deal bringing an estimated 30M Euro in business to ho
Leading online reservations technology company Bookassist (bookassist.org) and Ireland’s top customer rewards scheme Hotelpoints (hotelpoints.ie) have announced another 3 year deal estimated to bring over €8M in revenue to Ireland hotels in 2009 alone and over €30M over the course of the deal.
Bookassist, with its online booking capability and call-centre management system, has had a very successful 3 year partnership with WINWIN Hotelpoints to the end of 2008, back-ending the online and offline Hotelpoints customer rewards vouchers for over 20 partners such as DID Electrical, Londis, Woodies, Atlantic Homecare, Shaws, O2, Heatons, Zurich, Sasha and Bank of Ireland.
“Bookassist manages almost 300 hotels online in Ireland for WINWIN Hotelpoints, each featuring unique special offers and deals accessible only to Hotelpoints voucher holders”, said Mary Collins, Head of Internet Marketing for Bookassist. “Hotelpoints is by far the largest and most popular loyalty scheme in the country and our hotels see clear value in making attractive offers available through such a prestigious channel”.
Kieran Fives, Director of Sales at Bookassist notes that hotels continue to join the scheme at a rapid rate: “Especially in the current climate, the opportunity to be in front of a dedicated customer base and to reap the rewards of return custom is something that our hotels are very keen to participate in. This represents a win for the hotel, a win for the partner company, and a win for the price-conscious customer.”
James Lenehan, Managing Director of WINWIN Hotelpoints is very upbeat on the scheme’s rapid growth. “We are planning to specifically target the Insurance & Media sectors in 2009 to help grow our client base, and extend the reach of our promotions”, said Lenehan. “We will also open up Northern Ireland as a new growth area and we will roll out the Butler & Bell Hotel Privilege Club as part of our plans, and build loyalty across the existing people that have booked a Hotelpoints package over the last 3 years”.
Hotelpoints works by allowing partner companies to offer loyalty vouchers to their customers, for example when they reach certain spending thresholds. The voucher code allows access to a private online system of hotels throughout the country operated by Bookassist, offering 50% or more discount to voucher holders and other special deals. Lenehan says that Hotelpoints will print upwards of 1,000,000 vouchers in 2009 alone for distribution to customer loyalty schemes in partner businesses throughout the country. “This represents an increase of 30% year on year compared to our most successful year to date in 2008.”
The list of hotel campaigns will be promoted across Ireland, with expected promotional investment by partners and WINWIN Hotelpoints of around €1,000,000 in 2009.
Bookassist is the industry-leading hotel booking engine and online marketing provider in Ireland and is expanding rapidly abroad with additional offices in Spain, France, Czech Republic, Scotland, Italy and Poland and a client base of over 2000 hotels. A Deloitte Fast 50 Technology Company in Ireland and in the Top 100 Deloitte Technology Companies in Europe, Bookassist has received numerous awards in Online Trade, Online Marketing, and Technological Innovation including the Irish Internet Association’s NetVisionary Award for online trade.
Labels: corporate news
Related news articles
- Our new web site!
- Bookassist Wins EyeforTravel Mobile Innovation Award
- Bookassist and ARCOTEL Hotels both nominated for prestigious EyeforTravel Mobile Innovation Awards
- Bewley’s Hotels Corporate Rewards Programme provides the perfect model to launch Bookassist’s New Co
- Bookassist and protel announce technology integration, further streamlines online business for hotel
- Bookassist launches Sitebuilder - web sites done right
- Bookassist press conference in Madrid highlights Iberia as a major growth target for the company
- The 5-Star Gran Hotel Son Net Goes Live with Bookassist
- Prague Bookassist Summit with Google Urges Hotels To Act
- Italy’s largest hotel group UNA Hotels and AtaHotels choose Bookassist
- Welcome to our 100th and 101st Five-Star Hotel Clients!
- Bookassist-Google Summit Shares Vision of Excellence
- Bookassist Presents at Hospitality and Tourism Forums in France
- Bookassist Launches Price Calendar For Booking Engine At ITB Berlin
- Direct Booking Health Score brings industry benchmarking to your hotel’s direct business
- Bookassist at ITB Berlin 2017 showcasing Direct Booking Clinic and Product Launch
- Bookassist Paris Seminar Highlights Acquisition Opportunities