Bookassist Wins EyeforTravel Mobile Innovation Award
Bookassist has been crowned Best Mobile Solution winner at the prestigious EyeforTravel (eyefortravel.com) European Mobile Innovation Awards, held in London at the Travel Distribution Summit on May 23rd. The award is for Bookassist’s innovative and highly successful mobile webapp solution for hotels (bookassist.org/mobile).
From an original entry list of 160 competitors, Bookassist made the final two on the shortlist for the Best Mobile Solution Award, while Bookassist client ARCOTEL Hotels (arcotelhotels.com), the stylish Austrian hotel group, also made the final three shortlisted for Best Mobile Website for their implementation of the Bookassist mobile webapp platform.
“To be associated with two finalist positions in the 8 that were shortlisted in total was quite an unprecedented achievement, we’re delighted to have won”, said Dr Des O’Mahony, Bookassist CEO. “ARCOTEL Hotels’ success with the mobile platform shows that this is not just cool technology, but it represents a real revenue stream potential for hotels who are serious about direct online business.”
Bookassist specialises in driving direct bookings and revenue to hotel websites, and mobile is a fast-growing aspect of that business. “We see up to 20% of traffic to hotels now coming on mobile, and our solution means that hotels can capture and convert that traffic into real booking revenue. We have hundreds of hotels already using the technology, and ARCOTEL Hotels in particular is a prime example of what hotels should be doing in the mobile space”, said O’Mahony.
Data presented at the EyeforTravel Travel Distribution Summit by Bookassist showed that hotels using Bookassist’s webapp system generated 87% more revenue on average in the last 6 months from mobile business than those using responsive design approaches. or using no custom mobile solution. According to O’Mahony, “[Bookassist’s] solution gets the key information in front of customers quickly and effectively, and the results prove its effectiveness”.
The EyeforTravel Mobile Innovation Award comes hot on the heels of Bookassist’s win for World’s Leading Booking Engine Technology at the recent World Travel Awards in New Delhi.
About the EyeforTravel Mobile Innovation Awards Innovative travel brands are realising the importance of mobile to inspire, engage and convert customers. EyeforTravel’s European Mobile Innovation awards seek to recognise such innovative brands, and the risks that they take. We seek to acknowledge their important role in paving the way for other travel brands to follow. See eyefortravel.com
Related news articles
- Our new web site!
- Bookassist and ARCOTEL Hotels both nominated for prestigious EyeforTravel Mobile Innovation Awards
- Bewley’s Hotels Corporate Rewards Programme provides the perfect model to launch Bookassist’s New Co
- Bookassist and protel announce technology integration, further streamlines online business for hotel
- Bookassist and Hotelpoints ink expanded 3 year deal bringing an estimated 30M Euro in business to ho
- Bookassist launches Sitebuilder - web sites done right
- Bookassist press conference in Madrid highlights Iberia as a major growth target for the company
- 17 years ago today, Bookassist received its first booking
- The 5-Star Gran Hotel Son Net Goes Live with Bookassist
- Prague Bookassist Summit with Google Urges Hotels To Act
- Italy’s largest hotel group UNA Hotels and AtaHotels choose Bookassist
- Welcome to our 100th and 101st Five-Star Hotel Clients!
- Bookassist-Google Summit Shares Vision of Excellence
- Bookassist Presents at Hospitality and Tourism Forums in France
- Bookassist Launches Price Calendar For Booking Engine At ITB Berlin
- Direct Booking Health Score brings industry benchmarking to your hotel’s direct business
- Bookassist at ITB Berlin 2017 showcasing Direct Booking Clinic and Product Launch