Technical Support Engineer
Bookassist creates and manages online strategies for hotels and hotel groups. It is the industry-leading hotel booking engine in its home base of Ireland. Bookassist is expanding rapidly with additional offices in Madrid, Rome, Vienna and Prague and currently has a client base of over 1200 hotels. We are seeking a highly motivated Technical Support Engineer to join our Development team. The successful candidate will be based in Madrid and will report to the Head of Software Development.
- Help Bookassist Staff solve technical issues with our Booking Engine and other Systems.
- Answer questions from Bookassist Staff about the features and capabilities of our Booking Engine.
- Develop Procedure documentation for our intranet “Wiki” on an as-needed basis.
- Understand our staff needs and translate them into a comprehensive language for the development and engineering department.
- Keep updated the ticketing system used to track the requests from Bookassist Staff and Partners.
- Gather the required information from our servers in order to attend technical issues reported by Bookassist Staff, Partners or customers.
- Understanding of basic relational database concepts.
- Ability to write the four basic SQL statements.
- Excellent understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet and internet protocols (SSH, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS); as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Experience working in a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Fluency in English.
Additional useful skills:
- Knowledge of Git or other control version system; classes, components, objects, and interfaces.
- Knowledge of Objects Oriented programming and design patterns; Tomcat, Apache, J2EE servers, Node, JMS, Perl, PHP, maven, Gradle, Jenkins, JUnit, JMeter; Stripes, Backbone, React and other MVC frameworks; Web Services technology (SOAP, WSDL, Rest and / or any XML API).
- Familiar with the ticketing systems.
- At least of 3 years University technical degree.
- One year of real working development environment.
We offer an international working environment in an innovative, industry-leading company.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Technical Support Engineer ( Spain )
- Paid Search Specialist ( Ireland - Head office )
- Digital Marketing Specialist – Ireland ( Ireland - Head office )
- Hotel Support Coordinator (Spain)
- Accountant Assistant (Ireland)
- Digital Marketing Specialist (PPC) (Ireland)
- System Analyst (Spain)
- Digital Marketing Specialist – Italy (Italian speaking) (Ireland)
- Digital Marketing Specialist – Central Europe (German speaking) (Austria)
- Online Business Manager (France)
- Front End & Web Design Developer (Spain)
- Hotel Support Coordinator (Austria)
- Hotel Support Coordinator (Czech Republic)