Ireland - Head office - Full time, permanent
Bookassist®, the Direct Booking Expert™, partners with hotels to build their brand online, drive direct business to their branded website and capture bookings with world class booking technology helping them optimise their online distribution and grow their margin per booking.
Headquartered in Dublin we have additional overseas offices in Madrid, Rome, Vienna and Prague. We work with over 2000 hotels across Europe and are in a strong phase of growth. We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Business Analyst to join our Booking Engine Product team. As a key member of this collaborative team, you will be involved from the early stages in several exciting web and mobile projects as we grow and improve Bookassist’s Booking Engine technology.
The successful candidate will be based in Dublin and will report to the Booking Engine Product Manager.
- Collect, categorise and track the Product Backlog from existing requirements and new requirements as they arise.
- Gather requirements from several sources including customer surveys, market research, key stakeholders within the business, strategic requirements, customer requests.
- Translate requirements into specific projects with clear and concise documentation of business and functional requirements.
- Analyse the Requirements, that will include: identify the key needs, define the minimum viable product, propose the scope, assess the risks, assess impact on existing product and processes, calculate the cost-benefit.
- Work with the Product and Development teams to review solution options, assess impacts and agree final scope and definition.
- Manage stakeholder sign-off, communicate benefits and resolve issues.
- Write Functional Specification documents.
- Work with the Development team to ensure the project is understood, to clarify requirements and solve problems, review technical documents to ensure the delivered product will meet requirements.
- Write the Functional Handover document, identify handover impacts, and support the Product team in handover and training needs. Maintenance of the product description.
- Complete post-upgrade assessments.
- Reply to general queries and specific customer requests giving regular, clear and structured communication of product descriptions and benefits, project status updates.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a Business Analyst role, with a relevant Third Level qualification.
- Strong working experience of the Software Development Life Cycle, including Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Kanban. Experience of the Product Management approach is desirable.
- Working experience of Web and Mobile product development with appreciation for UI/UX.
- Strong analytical ability, and proven experience, to clearly and concisely gather, assess and document requirements in a structured way, with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with very strong time management & organisation skills, ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines, and manage your time efficiently across multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with others to achieve the best solution.
- Strong client-facing and interpersonal skills with ability to elicit and understand customer requirements and key needs.
- Knowledge of online booking systems and related web & mobile products for travel / hospitality industry.
- Fluency in English. Additional European languages would be an advantage.
Additional useful skills
- Knowledge of the following would be useful: Extranet systems for clients to maintain & optimise room inventory and booking engine setup; Hotel room & rate management for online bookings and OTAs; Internet payment systems and PCI DSS; Data Protection legislation.
- As the office environment is Mac-OS based, experience of the Mac-OS environment is an advantage, but is not essential.
We offer an international working environment in an innovative, industry-leading company.
Bookassist is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please send your CV to email@example.com.
- Business Analyst (Ireland - Head office)
- Marketing Executive (Ireland - Head office)
- Online Business Manager/ Revenue Manager (Italy)
- Web Developer (Ireland - Head office)
- HR Specialist - Spanish speaking (Ireland - Head office)
- PHP/MsQL Developer (Spain)
- Graphic & Web Design Developer (Spain)
- Online Business Manager - French Speaking (Ireland - Head office)
- Digital Marketing Internship (unpaid) (Ireland - Head office)
- DMS Support (Spain)
- Head of Digital Marketing (Ireland - Head office)
- Web Design Project Manager (Maternity Cover) (Spain)
- Front End & Web Designer Developer (Spain)